Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 12:33:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: All new members are manually verified so don't waste your time if your intent is to post spam in this forum!

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Questions
| | |-+  Collections Max and Admin Freezing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collections Max and Admin Freezing  (Read 2201 times)
mak111

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »

Frank,

One more question!  Every single day, at a specific time, collections max and admin both freeze up.  We have to wait for a box to come up and we click "continue" before being able to use it again.  It was happening exactly at 11:45am (to the second) on all computers in the office.  It does not seem to affect any internet activity other than the collections max system.  

Once I restarted the server computer, the freeze time changed to 4:30pm on the dot.  Now it freezes every day at 4:30pm no matter what and we have to wait for it to unfreeze.  

Do you know what could be causing this, or what we can do to fix it?  

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:18:47 AM by mak111 » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 09:21:46 AM »

It could be many things.  It looks like something is rebooting daily at a pre determined time.  The software will freeze if it sends out a command and the reply is not received.  This is to prevent someone from working all day and then nothing gets saved. 

Maybe you should check your server to see if there are any system tasks that run at a predetermined time....or see if the thing is actually rebooting which will shut you down until it comes back up.  Since you said it doesn't affect the internet I doubt the problem is related to a switch or a router rebooting.
mak111

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:29 AM »

I loaded up System tasks and there is nothing for that specific time.  It's odd too that every time i restart the server, the time that it freezes changes to a new time.  Then everyday it freezes at that time, until I restart again!  Thanks for your help though.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:03:05 AM »

I am not sure if you have had full control of that server or not.....however there is also a JIT scheduler that might be installed.  Possibly an Administrator has a batch script running every so often and it freezes because it uses too much resources.

There are many things it could be.  When it freezes up look at your resources in your task manager (keep it open anyways).  If you see the computer spike really bad look at the process that is causing it and then take it from there.
mak111

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 11:46:27 AM »

Ok I think I may have gotten somewhere.   I found an "event log" in which there is an "event" happening exactly at the same time every day.  The description says:

"The IP address lease [local server ip] for the Network Card with network address 0x7824AF41F455 has been denied by the DHCP server [local server ip] (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message)."

Does this have anything to do with the MariaDB and collections max, or is it just coincidentally only affecting C-Max?

Thanks!
mak111

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »

Also, it says "Level: Error",  "EventID: 1002", "OpCode: IpLeaseDenied", and "Source: Dhcp-Client"if that means anything.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 06:53:01 AM »

It looks like a problem with your router.  You need to login to your router and check the DCHP settings.  Usually the settings are an ip address range like 192.168.0.5 to 192.168.0.200.  You might need to make the last number that size (200) so you get enough ip addresses issued.

However your server NEEDS to be set up on a STATIC ip address so the ip address never changes.

It looks like your router has something to do with your problem and is denying access to the server when the DCHP lease is up.  You can also try to specify a longer DCHP renewal time (if your router supports it) and see if that fixes it.
mak111

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 10:01:56 AM »

Thanks I'm looking into it.   It seems as though MySQL (MariaDB) is also throwing an error in the Event Log before the DHCP Renewal is denied each time.  The error states:

[DELETED]

That happened two times before the DHCP Lease got denied.  Then everything goes back to normal.

Sorry to keep bothering you with this, I just wasn't sure if this is something that you've seen happen before with a router and MySQL.  It seems to somehow be related.

Thanks for your time and your help.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:54:37 AM by admin » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »

Are you positive the event comes before the DCHP lease is denied?  It probably is the reason the server is shutting down.
Did you look at your router settings?  Did you login to your router?

You should be able lengthen the lease time in your router to  much bigger number so you only need to deal with the issue once a week or two instead of every day.

See this website for more info.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/howto/032708_printer_issues_pt2.htm
mak111

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »

It definitely comes before the lease is denied.  I actually was looking into it, and thought it may be due to me doing IP reservations with the netgear router.  I deleted those off yesterday and restarted everything. Then, at 12:15am (it happens every 12 hours) I got the lease denial again.  Just that this time though. 

My Netgear router will not allow the lease time to be changed.  Can you suggest a router that would work better with this setup?  I was thinking of getting a Cisco Rv325 and then using the wireless router JUST for wifi at the office.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 07:27:52 AM »

Any of the Cisco / Linksys products usually work fine.  I never liked Netgear as they have many issues like this.  However if the new router doesn't solve the issue simply put each computer on its own static ip address like the server is.  That way you never touch DHCP.......no lease to worry about.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:31:01 AM by admin » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length