Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 02:20:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please don't register for an account on this forum with a FREE email address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail...etc) or you will not get approved.  Use your domain name email address instead.  Spammers use these free email accounts to post spam on our forum.

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Questions
| | |-+  Contingency & Salesman fees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Contingency & Salesman fees  (Read 2055 times)
[email protected]

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »

Unsure of how to add percentages for contingency & salesman fees during import, what I tried didn't work.

Help?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »

The contingency amount is the amount going to the AGENCY.  So a 60 / 40 split with 40% going to the agency you would simply put in 40 for the contingency amount.

For the salesman percentage......you normally put in what your salesman would make (usually 1 to 5 for 1-5%) as it is an easy way to tally up the payments brought in by the salesman.

Then once these accounts get payments on them the system will know how to calculate it and display it in the reports.
[email protected]

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »

From my understanding we did set this up correctly, however, within reports it's not showing any difference.

During the "Import Accounts" part of the file import, there's an Enable button for Salesman, but also a dropdown menu to the left of it that had nothing inside it, is this the part where I screwed up?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:48:13 PM »

When you mapped the file in the Import Mapping Utility there is a button in the wizard (on the screen where you enter your contingency fees....make payable to...etc) where you can add the salesman.  You can also add a salesman in the manual data entry screen when you add an account and go to the static screen.
[email protected]

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 01:13:46 PM »

What does this "Salesman" option look like, am I selecting a certain Collector or what?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »

No.  Some collections agencies employ a salesman......or somebody that gets the accounts for the agency.  In return the agency pays the salesman a small commission of usually between 1% and 5%.

The salesman would be the name of the person who brought in the accounts.  Not every agency has a salesman and the ones that purchase their own debt don't need it either.
[email protected]

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »

Is there any way to pull this off per collector and per payment?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »

I am not sure I understand the question.   Undecided
[email protected]

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »

Join the party..

Basically we've tried it with just the contingency fee's % and didn't touch the salesman. We have payments on file but the fee's/difference/whatever isn't showing up in the reports.

admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 08:51:53 AM »

The fees won't show up in the reports until the payments are posted.  If the payments are already on file and you want to change the contingency rate you need to do it in Utilities / Batch Processes instead. 

The contingency rate for the payment is taken from the database at the time the payment is created.  This means the contingency rate wont get changed on existing payments unless you create a batch command in Utilities / Batch Processes and apply the changes to all payments as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length