Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:53:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: All new members are manually verified so don't waste your time if your intent is to post spam in this forum!

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  queued account
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: queued account  (Read 2985 times)
jocasio

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »

Frank:

When a collector first brings up CollectionsMax, how are the accounts for that collector sorted?  I thought it was by dbase.id, but I'm finding that may not be the case.

Thanks,

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »

Accounts are always ordered by the dbase.orderbydate as it shows the oldest accounts first.  If we ordered it by id the collectors would always see the same accounts.

jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »

Thanks.  A lot of the accounts have 10/10/1999 as the orderbydate.  Is this typical for accounts that have not been worked?  Where does this value come from?  So if I have 100 accounts with this orderbydate value, how then are they ordered by?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 09:55:01 AM »

Those accounts with the oldest orderbydate get worked first and are shown first.  When the log gets a note placed on the date changes and the account gets put to the end of the results...that is all.
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 10:07:31 AM »

Thanks Frank:

I understand that, but if I have 100 accounts with the same orderbydate, how then are they sorted?  are they sorted on ID at that point?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »

Nope.  The are all sorted by that date.  Once one gets a note put on it...it will appear at the end of the results.

Here is the query so you can see what I am referencing...it is not exact but something like this

SELECT * from dbase WHERE assignedto = '' AND claimstatus = 'OPEN" ORDER BY orderbydate

If you have a bunch of them with the same date it is no big deal as they will get placed on the end results after they have been worked....however there is no sorting that takes place afterwards.

Respectfully,

Frank
Decca Software Company

jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »

So the 100 accounts with the same orderbydate are arbitrarily displayed?  I would think they would come out of the db in id order after the orderbydate sort as that's how they would be in the db.  Am I just off my rocker?  I'm trying to set up a sp and I have to ensure they are coming our of the db and displayed in a consistent manner, once I have ordered them my the orderbydate.  I can't believe that if I run the sp 10 times I'll get 10 differently sorted recordsets per orderbydate.

I'll have to run some more tests to see exactly how each recordset is displayed as I am not sure I'm getting my point across.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 01:22:25 PM »

If the 100 accounts also are sequential with their id.....they will be ordered by orderbydate but appear to be ordered by id because MySQL will perform a table scan and simply throw them in order with each other.

However...if you add a note to an account and then hit the Index button you will see the account you was working has been put to the end of the results due to the sort order and the account you are on now is a different account.

Since there is no other order by declaration in the query....MySQL will sort them by how they appear in the table (id) when it orders them.

I understand your point clearly.....Collections MAX is a shuffle system and has always been that way to prevent accounts from going stale.

Frank
Decca Software Company
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:28:19 PM by admin » Logged
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length