Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:43:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please don't register for an account on this forum with a FREE email address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail...etc) or you will not get approved.  Use your domain name email address instead.  Spammers use these free email accounts to post spam on our forum.

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Invalid Registration Key message
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Invalid Registration Key message  (Read 6843 times)
jocasio

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »

Frank:

I am getting an Invalid Registration Key message when I try to log onto my Collections Max Professional.  The screen pops up briefly, displays the message (not exactly sure if this is the exact working), displays a cmd window and then shuts down my computer.  I have not changed anything on my computer so I am not sure why this behavior is being exhibited.

Please help.

Thanks,

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »

If you ghost an activated version of the software to a different drive you will receive this message.  In order to transfer the software to a different drive you need to use the Collections MAX License Delete Utility to remove the license from the machine prior to activating it on a different one. 

The licenses are locked to the machines they are activated on...so if the hardware changes the license will not synch with the license file.

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

Hey Frank:

Unfortunately. I did not ghost, reimage or change my computer hardware. The only thing I did recently was defrag my hard drive.  When I did so, I moved some file to the end of the disk for optimization. How do I get the license that is already on this computer to realize that it is valid on this computer?
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:49 AM »

Btw:  one thing I did do about a month ago was increase my partition size on my drive (I removed my d extended partition) to create 1 larger partition, but the software has been working until recently.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »

When you increased the partition the serial number of the hard drive will change.  This is one of the things the licensing system looks for as now something is different about the drive.

The easiest way to fix it is to use the license delete utility to remove the license...and then get a replacement key by revoking the license key from your license manager.

Frank
Decca Software Company

jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »

Ok, but will I have to pay for that?
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »

Btw:  when I increased the size of the partition, the software still worked. It just recently stopped
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 11:33:27 AM »

$25.  The system is all automated now.

jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »

That's really unfair Frank.  My system has not changed other than the increase in disk space. Why should have to pay another $25.00 to the same license on the same machine?  Is there anything you can do?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 01:06:23 PM »

It is a replacement license cost.  You get a new code instead of the old one.

Frank
Decca Software Company

jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 03:01:26 PM »

I understand that.  But the one that is on my computer should work.  I haven't changed anything other than the size of the partition.  Everything is the same.  Why should I have to pay for another  license key?  I just want this one to work.  This is a flaw in your licensing that is not fair.
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 05:28:09 AM »

Well since I have not heard back from you regarding this issue, I can surmise you're got going to help me.  How can I check the license that is on my machine so that I can revoke it?  I can't start CollectionsMax, so I can't click on the settings icon that you have referred to in a separate posting.  Is there a way I can be sure which key is on my machine so I don't accidentally revoke the wrong key and then have to pay for that one as well?

Thanks,

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »

Very simple. 

Download and run the Collections MAX Professional License Delete Utility from the license manager.  It will display the code and remove the license.

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »

OK Frank.  I tried to do this and I am receiving the following message:

An invalid activation file was found on this system.  The license utility cannot credit the license but can remove the license so it can be reactivated with a DIFFERENT key.  Is this what you want to do?

What should I do?  How do I purchase the other key for the $25.00.  Please explain step by step.  This is so  frustrating.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »

Ok.  The utility did display the license code....correct?  Take note of it then run the utility to remove the license.  It is not an error message you are getting....but it is letting you know it will only remove the code and not reset it.

Now log into your license manager at https://www.collectionsmaxlicenses.com and click on that license key.  Then click the Revoke Activation Key button.

Frank
Decca Software Company
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length