Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:49:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please don't register for an account on this forum with a FREE email address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail...etc) or you will not get approved.  Use your domain name email address instead.  Spammers use these free email accounts to post spam on our forum.

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  New computer purchased; need to transfer one of my licenses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New computer purchased; need to transfer one of my licenses  (Read 5594 times)
jocasio

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

Hello:

We just purchased a new computer and have to transfer on of my licenses.  can you please tell me how to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »

The new utility for V3 is located in your online license manager at https://www.collectionsmaxlicenses.com

The older utility mentioned in this post no longer can connect to our activation servers.

Frank
Decca Software Company
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:32:32 AM by admin » Logged
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »

OK I did this, however I screwed up.  I was under the assumption that I could run the removal tool on any computer and enter the license I wanted to remove.  So I did that, and installed that license on the new computer.  Now the license I have on my computer is no longer there and when I try to activate it, it tells me that it's already installed.  When I try to run the removal app to enter the key I had on my computer, it tells me that I don't have a key installed on the computer.

Can you please help me with this?  I have a total of 5 keys, but now can only use 4

Thanks!

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »

You should try to activate all of your keys using Collections MAX Pro.  Most likely there is a license that is open.  The utility frees up the code you put in but needs to remove the license on the machine it was run on.

On the computer that you are
When I try to run the removal app to enter the key I had on my computer, it tells me that I don't have a key installed on the computer.

Just install Collections MAX Pro and activate using one of the keys you used in the utility.

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »

Hello:

I tried each of my licenses and they are all saying they are being used.  The one I had on my computer is no longer on it even though I used the one that I deactivated (it was not the one that was on my computer).  I was able to successful reactivate that number, but the one that was on my computer is no longer there.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

So originally you installed the licenses on 5 computers.

You used the utility on one computer to delete the license off of that computer and free up the license code.

You activated the license on a different computer..... I don't see how you only have access to 4 computers now.  Did you remove the license off of the "old" computer originally?

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »

Here is what happened.  Just for simplicity sake assume I have two computers and two license keys 1111 and 2222

Originally, I installed 1111 on PC1 and 2222 on PC2.  We bought another computer to replace PC2.  I thought I could deactivate 2222 using PC1 (which was actually successful).  I then installed 2222 on PC3.  But now whenI try to run CM on PC1 it tells me that I have to activate a license.  So I tried to activate 1111 on PC1 angain, but now it tells me it's already active.  And if I try to run the deactivation tool on PC1 there is no longer a license on that PC.  PC2 has already been stripped for parts, so now I can't even start that one back up to deactivate 1111 from that PC.

What I don't understand is why did it deactivate 2222 from PC1 and then delete the 1111 key from that same computer.  This is where the screw up is.

Thanks!

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »

PC2 has already been stripped for parts, so now I can't even start that one back up to deactivate 1111 from that PC.

That is the issue.  Send me one of your license codes BY EMAIL and I will reset it.

FYI....in the future, if you need to move a license from a computer please use the license utility BEFORE stripping the computer for parts or wiping the operating system.

In the next release of the software you will be able to deactivate your license codes from our website remotely for a fee and get a new code.  Until the new software is released you will need the utility.

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

Thanks Frank.  I sent you an email via this support forum.  Please let me know if/when you receive it.

Thanks again!

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »

I reset the code and removed the message.

You are all set.

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  I'm all set!
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 05:57:52 AM »

Hey Frank:

I am in the process of adding a larger HD to one of my computers.  I want to make sure I have this straight with the deactivation tool.  IF I deactivate any of my keys on my computer, I will then be able to use that same key on my computer, even if another computer has that key?  The reason why I ask is because I forgot which key I now have on my computer which in my previous examples is PC1.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 07:35:02 AM »

Until we deploy our online license manager in the coming months....keys are not tied to particular machines.  Using the tool you specify which key you want to deactivate and then use the same key to activate as normal on a different computer.

In the next version the utility will tell you which key is on the machine automatically.

Frank
Decca Software Company
jocasio

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:37 PM »

Thanks Frank!

I'll keep my fingers crossed! :-)  I know I had some issues in the past with this!

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »

The new utility for V3 is located in your online license manager at https://www.collectionsmaxlicenses.com

The older utility mentioned in this post no longer can connect to our activation servers.

Frank
Decca Software Company
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length