Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:49:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: All new members are manually verified so don't waste your time if your intent is to post spam in this forum!

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Trying to assign work to a collector
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Trying to assign work to a collector  (Read 5722 times)
jocasio

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »

Hello:

I am testing CollectionMax to see if it fits my needs and am having an issue assigning work to a collector.  I've imported approx 200 accounts into the system and went through the assign work process as described.  It seems to assign the work, however if I log in as the user, I receive a msgbx stating "YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY FILES ASSIGNED TO YOU"

The assign work dialog does show the work is assigned to this collector.  Is there something else I would need to do to have the work show up in the queue?

Thanks!

Juan
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »

Easiest way to make sure the accounts are assigned to the collector in the Assign Work screen is to select the collector on the top left and then click All accounts assigned.  

If no accounts show up please do the following.

1.  Select your portfolio on the bottom left.  It will highlight in blue.
2.  Click the Accounts by Portfolio button on the top of the screen.  The right bottom data grid will now fill.

3.  On the top left click on the collector you want to assign the accounts to.  The collector will highlight in blue when selected.

4.  in the small white box next to the yellow Assign Multiple Accounts box type in the number of accounts you want to assign the collector (like 50).  Now click on the Yellow Assign Multiple Accounts button.....the system will assign 50 accounts to the collector.

5.  Login under the collector's user name and password in Collections MAX Collector or Professional.....you should then see the accounts.

Frank
Decca Software Company
SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »

I am having this exact problem after importing a small # of accounts using cvs data file the to test the software.

I have set up 2 collectors. In the "Assign Work" tab I can click on the collector and see all accounts are assigned to that collector. I log in as that collector and it says "YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY FILES ASSIGNED TO YOU".

So, I assign them to a different collector, same issue. Only way I can view the accounts in CM Collector is to log in as supervisor.

Any idea what Im doing wrong?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 01:16:55 PM »

Not sure if this will help but try to make sure that your collector user name is a single word like B.Collector and not B [space] Collector. Sometimes you might have created a user like BSMITH but login as bsmith.

Try changing the naming convention of your collectors first...then reassign the accounts and login.
And finally make sure there is no leading or trailing spaces when creating your usernames or when logging in.

The software queries the database and matches the assigned user name with the collector user name when logging in to retrieve the accounts assigned to them.  If there is a mismatch between them...you will not be able to retrieve any accounts and get the "YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY FILES ASSIGNED TO YOU" error message.

Also don't log into Collections MAX Pro as root....always use the username / password.  Only Admin should be using root.

Frank
Decca Software Company

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:23:53 PM by admin » Logged
SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:34 PM »

Thanks for the quick response. I am using the free version and only logging in as root when logging into the administration, which has to be done to assign work.

I have followed your suggestion and changed the collector user name to simple alpha initials. Still getting the same issue.

Any chance it has to do with the cvs import? When I add an account manually it works and will get assigned to a collector and will be visible to the collector. 
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:15 PM »

When you used the csv import did you use the import mapping utility first?
Also...can you select a collector in the assign work screen (top left grid..it is selected when it turns blue) and then click the All accounts assigned button?  If the below right screen doesn't populate it means the accounts wasn't assigned properly.

Frank
Decca Software company
SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:08:04 AM »

Hello,

Yes, I can select the collector on the top left, and click on all accounts assigned. All of the accounts then populate in the center grid. When I log in as the collector it says none are assigned.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »

Hmm...this is a tough one.   Huh

Usually there isn't any issues with accounts pulling up.  What is the user name and password of the collector you are using?

Also can you double check the regional settings on your computer and make sure everything is set for United States English....and United States date format (control panel).....I just need you to double check those settings to rule it out as a possibility.

Also...make sure you use the same character casing as the username when loggin in....SMITH is not like smith......again just ruling it out.

Try these and get back to me.

Frank
Decca Software Company

SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 03:02:16 PM »

Thanks for your help so far.

Regional/time settings are all correct.

I created a collector with username: mwu and password: abc123

I assigned all the accounts to this collector, could see them switch over. Log in as the collector and same error message.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »

The only thing I can think of is your MySQL database permissions table might be corrupted where you cannot create users that have a SELECT permission.....and the user is unable to select the data showing the error.

I'm not sure how proficient you are with MySQL...but you would need to use MySQL Workbench to modify your users so that they have select permissions on the collectionsmax database.

Sometimes these errors happen with different versions of MySQL.....or it might be that you possibly could have had difficulty with the install...causing a corrupted permissions table.

Everything else that I have thought of has been ruled out.

Try this to see if I am right.  Log into Collections MAX Administrator with username: mwu and password: abc123
Then use your Admin password to get access.

Then try to select a collector and click all accounts assigned in the assign Work screen again.  If it returns 0 your permissions are corrupted and mysql will need to be reinstalled.

Frank
Decca Software Company
SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »

Well would your theory be correct even though I can assign accounts that are manually imported?

I followed your steps to log into administrator using the collector ID and then my administrator password. When I clicked on the collector and all accounts assigned... all of them showed up.

SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »

No other thoughts on this?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 01:07:35 PM »

MySQL is installed on the same computer you are using...correct?  Or are you connecting from a network?

If so is your SERVER set to localhost?...or are you using an ip address?

Was MySQL installed anywhere else on your system?.....

You might need to install everything on a DIFFERENT computer to get it working correctly.  My guess is that there is something in your computer settings (or in the MySQL configuration such as the wrong character set being used)....normally this error doesn't occur (except with one other user) so it is very difficult to replicate it on our end as all computers can be set up differently.

Frank
Decca Software Company
SuperiorCollect

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:25 AM »

Hello,

It is installed on the same computer and I am using"localhost". I recently purchased a brand new computer and did a first time install of CM and mysql and getting exact same issue.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 06:44:26 AM »

So you now have 2 computers with the same issue or is it the same computer with the same issue?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length