Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2017, 12:25:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Please don't register for an account on this forum with a FREE email address (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail...etc) or you will not get approved.  Use your domain name email address instead.  Spammers use these free email accounts to post spam on our forum.

+  Collections MAX - Debt Collection Software Forum
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  A couple of questions/issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A couple of questions/issues  (Read 4843 times)
BFTP

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »

Hello,

A client of mine had heard/and worked with Collector Max before, so I've been helping them setup in their office and work out the kinks as they've come up. I managed to get the Administrator client installed on the server box, and have the collector software setup on the computers out in the office. I generated a blank data file, transferred over the columns, and after a little work was able to get it to pass the test and import the information.

We now have three problems though:

1. When I assign files to a collector, have them login into their account under the collector software, it says "YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY FILES ASSIGNED TO YOU." When I look at the top right though, I see "NEWBIZ" and click that. I see the accounts I've assigned to that person. My question is how can I get the accounts to pop up under index and not NEWBIZ? When generating the CSV file, I put NEWBIZ as the StatusName, Type, and Color. I was quite sure what the correct inputs were, so I'm thinking that is why they come up under the NEWBIZ tab.

2. When I go to the "NEWBIZ" tab and cycle through the various accounts assigned.. the "NAME" field is blank. The white box where the name should be displayed is empty, but I can see the account address, number, etc. When I click to the left of the white field where it says NAME, I get the box for "previous name is: <the account name I've been looking for." My question is why is the name field blank on the first screen and how can I fix that?

3. I have the interest and principal fields filled out, but when I click the "M" next to current balance under the collector software it doesn't accrue interest. How do I get the interest accrued with the current interest rate inputs and ChargeOffDates?

We are at 500+ accounts right now, and if we can get these bugs worked out, we are definitely going to upgrade.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »

1. When I assign files to a collector, have them login into their account under the collector software, it says "YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY FILES ASSIGNED TO YOU." When I look at the top right though, I see "NEWBIZ" and click that. I see the accounts I've assigned to that person. My question is how can I get the accounts to pop up under index and not NEWBIZ? When generating the CSV file, I put NEWBIZ as the StatusName, Type, and Color. I was quite sure what the correct inputs were, so I'm thinking that is why they come up under the NEWBIZ tab.

Make sure the collector is logging into Collections MAX Collector with the correct user name and password.  It has to be the same user name / password as found in Collectors and Managers screen in the Administrator.  You might need to simply reassign the accounts in the Assign Work screen to get it functioning properly.

2. When I go to the "NEWBIZ" tab and cycle through the various accounts assigned.. the "NAME" field is blank. The white box where the name should be displayed is empty, but I can see the account address, number, etc. When I click to the left of the white field where it says NAME, I get the box for "previous name is: <the account name I've been looking for." My question is why is the name field blank on the first screen and how can I fix that?

The name field shows the full name of the debtor.  To me it looks as if you did not create the file using the Import Mapping utility located in the Utilities section of Collections MAX Administrator and then imported the newly created file.  The Import Mapping utility auto merges the full name field for you.

See the following post for more info
http://collectionsmax.com/documentation/?page_id=296

3. I have the interest and principal fields filled out, but when I click the "M" next to current balance under the collector software it doesn't accrue interest. How do I get the interest accrued with the current interest rate inputs and ChargeOffDates?

The software accrues interest on accounts that are marked for it.  The scheduler takes care of calculating interest, however you need to set everything as current when importing the accounts.  There are functions in the Import CSV data file screen to calculate interest before accounts are imported.

Frank
Decca Software Company

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:28:21 AM by admin » Logged
BFTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »

The collector logins into the account okay, that isn't an issue. I'm pointing out that the error message pops up, but then they select "NEWBIZ" from the top right and there are the accounts that were assigned. How do I switch it from NEWBIZ to just appearing as soon as they login? Like I said, I'm assuming it is because I put the wrong input into StatusName, StatusType, and StatusColor.

The name field is showing up when I click "NAME" next to the white box, so obviously it was imported correctly. I did use the Import Mapping utility, and that's why I was able to successful import my CSV file. The problem is that the name box is not generating the content that is in the database. I know the names are there because like I said, when I click the box next to the blank white box, the name pops up. It also appears when I search for the account phone number.

Here is a couple of screen shots to help ease the confusion:
http://imgur.com/a/a3GEp

First image you can see the field is blank. The second image you can see that there is clearly a name in there, it is just not being generated in the appropriate field.
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »

The collector logins into the account okay, that isn't an issue. I'm pointing out that the error message pops up, but then they select "NEWBIZ" from the top right and there are the accounts that were assigned. How do I switch it from NEWBIZ to just appearing as soon as they login? Like I said, I'm assuming it is because I put the wrong input into StatusName, StatusType, and StatusColor.

Normally it just pops up if everything was imported correctly.

The name field is showing up when I click "NAME" next to the white box, so obviously it was imported correctly.

Not true.  The front screen shows the fullname column.  If there was nothing in the fullname column you will not see a name.

I did use the Import Mapping utility, and that's why I was able to successful import my CSV file. The problem is that the name box is not generating the content that is in the database. I know the names are there because like I said, when I click the box next to the blank white box, the name pops up. It also appears when I search for the account phone number.

The name box will display the firstname, middlename, and lastname column.

My advice would be to delete the portfolio in Clients and portfolios and re import the data.
Also make sure there are no invalid characters in your headers.  Nothing that is not A-Z.

Frank
Decca Software Company
BFTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »

Right now, I have no portfolios. For some reason, they didn't import that way. The only thing I have is NEWBIZ. What do I put into StatusName, StatusType, and StatusColor to make sure the portfolios are generated correclty, or what field on the generated blank data file is that?
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 12:07:43 PM »

Please do not use the blank generated data file.  You will end up losing your hair.

Take your excel file that has all of the data in it and convert it to csv.  Then open it in the Import Mapping utility in the Utilities section of Collections MAX Administrator and map everything.  At the end of the utility EXPORT your new file out.

Take the NEW file and open it in the Import CSV data file screen.  The software fills in all the info for you using the wizard.

Frank
Decca Software Company
BFTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »

I already have a excel spreadsheet that I output into a CSV file that is mapped to be converted correctly into Collector Max. Can you please just answer the question: What do I put into StatusName, StatusType, and StatusColor to make sure the portfolios are generated correctly, or what field on the generated blank data file is that?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:20:06 PM by admin » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »

Those fields are automatically filled out in the Import Mapping Utility when you select your initial status.   If you are asking me these questions I can tell you that you are going about it the wrong way.

statusname - NEWBIZ
statustype - NO RESTRICTIONS
statuscolor - NO COLOR

Frank
Decca Software Company
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:22:08 PM by admin » Logged
BFTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »

OK, final question: if I rerun the database wizard, it'll wipe the current stuff I imported right? So that I can fix these few issues.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:33:02 PM by BFTP » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »

Just like I said......the import mapping utility was not used as it does everything for you WITHOUT needing to manually line up the columns.  Something that took you a few hours can be done with this utility in 5 minutes.

Your best bet is to delete and reimport using the instructions below.
http://collectionsmax.com/documentation/?page_id=296

There is NOTHING I can do to help you correct it otherwise.  Since you have no portfolios listed I would simply run the Database Installation Wizard again to clear your database and then reimport using the instructions provided.  Trust me when I tell you what you need to do.

Frank
Decca Software Company
BFTP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 12:43:27 PM »

When I initially tried using the import mapping utility it gave me some errors. So I was manually adding columns since that seemed to be the only way to get the info to stick. One error I remember was I believe that when I tried inserting principal based on current balance, it wiped ClientName column. I was also having an issue with Statue of Limitations date, so I had to manually come up with a formula in Excel to calculate. I had all the "state" columns filled in the blank database fields, and it still wouldn't populate them. I tried 2-letter and full state names. It took me about ten minutes to transfer over the columns, or so.

Another error/bug: When you run Client + Portfolio insert, it takes the column from ClientName and inputs it into portfolio, and you can no longer pass the test because it states ClientName is missing.

I was planning on running the database wizard to wipe the current database, and then importing the new CSV. There is only three "inserts" I need to run to fix the issues in question, so I'll make sure to do so.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:47:26 PM by BFTP » Logged
admin
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »

Just as an fyi....

The system will auto calc a statute of limitations date for you.  No need to include one.
If you do include one the Statute Of Limitations Date must be in yyyy-mm-dd format.

You can map the current balance and principal to the same field.  Just make sure your balances look like 1250.00 and not $1,250.00 and your other dates look like 5/15/2011 and not MAY 15 2011.

Frank
Decca Software Company
BFTP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »

I was getting a "STATE MISSING" error even though I manually filled in all that information using the two-letter and full name of the states. Ran it twice each way to see if it'd work. My SOL date is in that format though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length